Get Help with Misshapen Teeth Miami
Do you have overly large, small, or otherwise misshapen teeth? Get help from Miami's experts in family and cosmetic dentistry at CG Smile.
Do You Have Small, Large, Peg, or Extra Teeth?
It's a strange thing about the human condition. We are often most embarrassed about the genetic traits that we have little control or say over. This is especially true when it comes to our smiles. There are numerous environmental, lifestyle, and genetic influences that can affect the shape and size of our teeth. Your teeth may appear large, small, blocky, pegged, or misshapen.
If a misshapen tooth (or teeth) is diminishing your smile, the dentists at CG Smile in Miami are here to help. Call us today to request a consultation.
Cosmetic dentistry (such as the CG Smile Makeover) can completely revamp the appearance of your teeth. We can help patients suffering with the following types of conditions:
- Peg tooth. Pegged teeth, or “Mulberry teeth” typically result from a condition known as Hutchinson’s teeth. This is a disease resulting from congenital syphilis infection that is transmitted either in the womb or at during birth. The condition usually only becomes apparent as the permanent teeth erupt. The teeth may have a peg-like or triangle-shaped appearance, especially the incisors and molars. Most individuals with Hutchinson’s teeth will also have teeth that are spaced further apart and the teeth may also have stunted growth, making them appear smaller. Since pegged teeth are most prominent on the canines and incisors, dental veneers, crowns, and bonding are the most commonly recommended forms of treatment.
- Small teeth. Your teeth can appear small due to a birth defect, excessive wear, tooth decay, or due to the patient’s genetic makeup.
- Large teeth. If you are embarrassed by large-ish, you can at least have the satisfaction that there is actually a term for the condition: macrodontia. This condition can occur due to one of several genetic mutations, although hormonal imbalances during childhood can also influence the size of teeth. If the shape of the teeth cause overlapping and crowding, orthodontics may be recommended. One cosmetic option is teeth shaving and recontouring, which can reduce the dimensions of teeth and give them a more attractive appearance.
- Extra teeth. While somewhat rare, it is possible to have more than the common 32 permanent (secondary) teeth. Extra teeth are referred to as "supernumerary teeth." The main concern with supernumerary teeth is that they can displace other teeth, cause crowding, rotate teeth (making them crooked), and other issues.
- Misshapen teeth. Conditions where teeth are generally misshapen — whether due to genetics or injury — can be treated with cosmetic and/or restorative dentistry. Common cosmetic treatments for misshapen teeth include dental crowns, veneers, and bonding.
In addition to cosmetic defects, CG Smile can help restore teeth that have experienced general wear and tear.
Request a Consultation
If you are concerned about the appearance of your teeth or your child's teeth, request a consultation with CG Smile in Miami. We offer comprehensive dental treatments to cover the health and cosmetic aspects of your smile. Through an initial consultation and examination, we can help put your oral health back on track.
Plan for a Great Smile
Comprehensive dental exams allow dentist to gather all the information necessary to develop a long-term treatment plan. Ensure a future of beautiful, healthy smiles — schedule a comprehensive dental exam, today!